Your master bedroom should have a sense of calm, designed in a soothing color palette complimented by decor that is serene and elegant.
It should be a relaxing respite at the end of a busy day, uncluttered and surrounded by things that you love. The problem is, how do you get there? Storage is a big issue, especially in smaller bedrooms. If you have functional furnishings, you can hide the clutter to create a peaceful oasis.
We have put together a collection of photos that will offer you plenty of direction. With fresh design ideas that will make you want to get cozy and be inspired.
We have also included resources whenever possible below each of the images, along with who designed each of these beautiful spaces. Readers, don’t forget to let us know which of these bedroom design ideas you found most inspiring and why in the Comments below!
1. The bed is designed by Michael Weiss for Vanguard Furniture, fabric is Vivacious Stone. Wall art above bed are a trio of framed amethyst minerals. Silver leaf nightstands – Bernhardt Interiors in their Salon collection, while the cloud lamps are from Global Views. Chandelier is from Circa Antiques in Westport CT. Wall paint color is Intense White OC-51 | Benjamin Moore, while the trim and moldings are Bancroft White DC-01 | Benjamin Moore, semi-gloss. Wallpaper on the tray ceiling is a crushed mica shell, ROMO. Grounding the space is an area rug by Silver Creek carpets called Wicket in Platinum. (via Susan Glick Interiors)
2. The flooring in this dreamy bedroom is Mannington “Exotics” Mayan Pecan in Pepper. The area rug under the bed is 13′ x 10′, the manufacturer is Tuftex, style and color are Only Natural Silverado. Paint Colors: Walls – Sherwin Williams Mega Greige (flat), #SW7031, Trim – Sherwin Williams Creamy (flat), #SW7012, Ceiling – Sherwin Williams Quietude (flat) #SW6212. Light fixture is from Progress Lighting, #P4431-104 in Polished Nickel. Bedroom Size: 18′ x 15’9″, Sitting Area: 13′ x 9’4″. (via W.B. Homes)
3. A cozy bed features a textured blanket found at HomeGoods, while the throw pillows were custom-made. Wall paint color is Coventry Gray HC-169 | Benjamin Moore. The tree in the corner is a fiddle leaf fig tree purchased at a local nursery and set in a copper planter. The flooring is red oak with a custom stain. (via Christina Byers Design)
4. This master bedroom in an Atlanta home has a serene, romantic feel. The upholstered headboard is from Pebblehill Designs. The mirrored armoire is from Bernhardt. Bedside lamps are from Robert Abbey. Wall paint color is Cape Hatteras Sand AC-34 | Benjamin Moore. (via Modern Antiquity)
5. The bed is from Nathan Anthony Furniture, while the nightstands are from Stanley Furniture / Coastal collection. The lamps are from Arteriors. Artwork above the headboard is from Marc Create. The carpet is from Stanton Carpet, in the Summer Sand collection / color Glory1. The wallpaper was from Surface Materials and the curtains fabric from World Wide Fabric / Imperial collection, while the ceiling is painted in Maritime White OC-5 | Benjamin Moore. The light fixture is from Troy Lighting in the Sausalito collection. (via Dmitry Serba Design)
6. A mountain modern retreat in Asheville, North Carolina features this fabulous master bedroom. A floor-to-ceiling headboard wall features pieces of wood as a dramatic focal point. It looks expensive, but was sourced at Home Depot for $10 per square foot (compared to $50/square foot from other resources). The nightstand is custom designed out of reclaimed boxcar wood. Industrial lights hanging over the nightstands creates a clean aesthetic and highlights the textured wall. Full Home Tour: Inviting modern mountain home surrounded by forest in North Carolina. (via Living Stone Design + Build)
7. A farmhouse style bedroom in Atlanta, Georgia features soaring, wood beam ceilings, white washed walls and large picture windows. A serene color palette provides a soothing and restful respite after a long day. Wood flooring adds warmth, while an area rug grounds the space and provides cozy texture underfoot. (via Sheehan Built Homes)
8. All of the bedding was sourced from Macy’s except for the paisley pillow, which is from Pottery Barn. Wall paint is Edgecomb Gray HC-173 from Benjamin Moore. The light fixture is the Regina 19″ wide crystal chandelier from Lamps Plusin olive bronze. Flooring is site-finished oak floors with the Provincial stain from Minnwax. (via Anchor Builders)
9. All of the furnishings in this dreamy master bedroom were sourced from Furnitureland South, in Jamestown, NC. Wall lights are from Premiere Lighting in Beavercreek, Ohio. Wall Color: Benjamin Moore Coastal Fog 976, Trim: Benjamin Moore – Acadia White OC-38. The area rug is hand woven from Turkey, sourced from Furnitureland South. (via Debbie Sykes Interior Designer)
10. A home on Kiawah Island, South Carolina features this elegantly styled master bedroom with a comfortable sitting area. The artwork above the bed is from Trowbridge Gallery. The ceiling fan is the Minka Aire Kola, available in a 52″ and 60″ versions. (via Seamar Construction Group)